This article outlines a series of steps to do the following:
- Only users with Administrative privileges have access to Pronto Settings and can configure custom fields for specific Pronto objects.
Add new custom field to a Pronto object
- Login to Pronto with your admin credentials and click on the Settings icon on the main navigation as shown below.
- On the settings page, click on the Custom fields tab on the left sub-navigation.
- The Custom fields page appears with a select list of Pronto objects for which custom fields can be configured.
You will notice that for each object you can view the Standard fields and Custom fields. You can click on expand/collapse icon (>) to view the respective list of Standard fields and Custom fields.
The standard fields are the default fields in the respective objects. You cannot edit or delete these fields any time. These are listed here for your reference so that you don't create duplicate fields.
- Custom fields are fields that you can create at a tenant level to capture specific data points that are aligned to your business.
Please note that custom fields created at a tenant level will appear in the respective object across all relationships in the tenant.
To add a Custom field, click on the expand/collapse icon (>) next to the Accounts Custom fields section and click on the Add link.
- Provide a Name for the custom field you wish to add. In Type dropdown, select a data type for the value.
For example if the new custom field is about adding an Account manager, you can select Text as the value data type.
After you add the field name and data type, click on the blue checkmark icon to create and Save the new field.
There are different Data types available to select from the drop down menu. You can create a custom field with a paragraph with RTE, add a drop down (single or multi select), a Radio button and a few more as mentioned below.
Scroll down on the drop down menu to select the appropriate data type. The options are
- Paragraph with RTE
- Color coded ranking
- Color coded result
- Dropdown-single select
- Dropdown - multiple select
- Radio button
- Checkbox button
6. Follow the same steps to add more custom fields in the same object or in other objects listed in the Custom fields page.
Edit or Delete custom fields
- Locate the Custom field you wish to Edit or Delete. Click on More actions menu (indicated with three vertical dots) and select the relevant option.
- To Edit an existing value, click on Edit, modify the custom field value and/or data type and click on Save to save your changes.
Note: Please use caution while modifying the data types of fields that are already in use. If you modify the current data type to an incompatible new data type (E.g. Date value being modified to a %), all current data will be erased.
- To Delete an existing custom field, click on Delete. A dialogue window appears requesting your confirmation. Click on Yes to confirm it. The value gets deleted.
Note: Please note that once you Delete a custom field, all data associated with the custom field will be deleted from all relationships. This is an irreversible action.
You can Add, Edit or Delete custom fields to the following Pronto objects: