This article outlines the following:
- What is a Dataset?
- What is a Dataset used for?
- Steps to create a Dataset
- Edit/Delete/Download a dataset
- Share Dataset
What is a Dataset?
Datasets are collections of data, typically organized and formatted in a specific way to make it usable for analysis, modeling, and other data-driven tasks. Datasets can be stored in various formats, including text files, spreadsheets and databases.Datasets can come in many shapes and sizes, ranging from small collections of data containing only a few records to massive datasets containing billions of records. The data within a dataset can include structured information, such as numbers, dates and categorical data.
A dataset in Pronto typically contains information about customers like their Account name, Account owner (First and last name), Email, Website, Industry and so on. Any information that can be used to perform Account Mapping or called Insights (in Pronto) can be present on the dataset.
In conclusion, datasets are collections of data that can be used for analysis, modeling, and other data-driven tasks. Understanding the data contained within a dataset is essential for ensuring that the data is accurate, relevant, and usable for the intended purpose.
What is a Dataset used for?
Datasets can be used to support business intelligence initiatives, such as customer segmentation, market analysis, and forecasting. Overall, datasets are a critical resource for organizations seeking to make data-driven decisions and improve their operations. By collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, organizations can gain insights, make predictions, and identify new opportunities.
A dataset can be used to perform Account mapping with your partners. Account Mapping or as it is called Insights in Pronto, helps in finding the overlaps by comparing the datasets uploaded by you and your partner. By comparing the two datasets, a whole new set of opportunities will be generated. All the common overlaps are seen here. Using this new set of opportunities, you will be able to start co-marketing, co-sell, Build new integrations and so on.
Data sources supported on Pronto
- Currently we support all CSV/Excel files and Google sheet
- Support for Salesforce & Hubspot is coming soon
- Only users with Admin rights will be able to Add/Create Datasets
- An excel/csv sheet with a mandatory Account name column
- Link to a Google sheet if linking a Google sheet
Steps to create a Dataset
- Login to Pronto with your admin credentials and click on Settings on the bottom left on the main navigation menu.
- On the settings page, on the left sub-navigation click on Dataset as shown below.
- On the Datasets page, click on Create Dataset on the top right and from the drop-down select the option Report to upload an .xslx or .csv file.
- Enter the Dataset details
a. Provide the Dataset name* - Enter a name for the Dataset file that is uploaded
b. Enter Description (Optional)
c. Share with relationships - Click on the drop-down and select the relationships in which you need access to this Dataset
d. Import file* - Click on Choose file and select the .xslx/.csv file to continue with the upload and click on Create.
- You will see a message on the bottom left that reads "Dataset has been created successfully".
- Once the file is uploaded, you can see the Data distribution table and the details of the dataset that was just created.
The details show the person who created the report, the report created date, the last modified date, total number of rows and columns, Data source (Excel report or google sheet) and information about to which relationships the dataset has been shared to*.
- Scroll down on the page and map the System fields with the Spreadsheet columns and click on Save.
- Once the mapping is saved, you will see a message on the bottom left that reads "Dataset object mapping has been done successfully".
Edit/Delete/Download a Dataset
- Once the Dataset is uploaded, you will not be able to make any changes to the uploaded file. You have the ability to only edit the Dataset name and Description. When you click on More Actions and select Edit, you will be able to edit the
a. Dataset name
b. Description (if any)
- To Delete the dataset, click on the More actions menu and select Delete, the dataset is deleted. This step is irreversible.
- To Share a dataset to other relationships, click on Share with relationships and select the relationships to which you need the dataset.
- Click on the drop-down menu, select the relationship to share the dataset and click on Done.
If you have any questions or need help with setup, contact email@example.com.
To create Insights using the dataset that you just created, click this link here.