This article outlines a series of steps to do the following:
a. Convert a Lead into a Contact
b. Associate Contact to an existing Opportunity or create a new Opportunity for the converted lead
- Go to the Ecosystem module and select the Relationship in which you would like to Convert a Lead into a Contact.
- Once the Dashboard page loads, click on the Marketing tab on the sub-navigation within the selected Relationship as shown in the screenshot below.
- On the Campaigns screen click on the Leads tab on the sub-navigation as shown in the screenshot below.
- On the Leads page, you will see the list of leads that were added manually or imported. Click on the Lead that you would like to convert to a Contact.
- Once you click on the Lead which you would like to convert, you will see the Lead details. On the top right of the screen, click on the Convert Lead button.
- Once you click on Convert lead, on the pop-up window confirm the Account name , Account type* & Account of and click Save, if you would like to only convert the lead to a contact.
New - New customer for you and your partner
Common - Common customer account between you and your partner
Distinct - Customer of either yours or or that of your partner. This is further differentiated by “Account Owned by” field
- If you would like to associate the Lead to an Opportunity, toggle the radio button next to Associate to an opportunity. If you already have an existing opportunity that you would like to associate the lead to, select Map to existing and select the opportunity to associate with and click on Save for the Lead to be converted to a contact.
If you do not see any existing Opportunities when Associate to an opportunity is selected, click here.
- If you want the Lead to be associated with a new opportunity, you can select the option "Create new" to create a new opportunity and associate the Lead.
a) Provide an Opportunity name
b) Select the Opportunity stage
c) Enter the Total deal size
d) Select the Deal close date
e) Click on Save.
- Once you Save, you will see a message to the bottom left of the screen that reads “Lead has been converted to a contact successfully”.
The converted Lead details are listed on the Contacts page under Sales.