Pronto has a native integration with Salesforce to seamlessly and securely import data from your Salesforce instance. This allows access to the most relevant customer data specific to a partnership in real-time. This integration eliminates the need to download and upload data through excel or google drive.
We understand that the security of your data (esp. that of Salesforce) is a high priority for you. Hence, we chose to integrate with Salesforce leveraging the "Connected app" model.
This article outlines a series of steps to do the following:
- Pronto administrator privileges are required to view and configure the Salesforce integration.
- Salesforce administrator privileges are required to configure Pronto as a connected app in Salesforce.
- Note: You should have a Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited edition of Salesforce for you to be able to connect Pronto with Salesforce.
Create Pronto as a “Connected App” in Salesforce
- Login to Salesforce with the admin credentials for creating a "Connected App".
- Navigate to the "Set up" page in Salesforce by clicking on the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the page. Click on "App Manager" option in the sub-navigation.
- Click on the "New Connected App" button on the top right corner.
- On the Manage Connected Apps page, fill up the Basic information, Enable OAuth Settings, Select the OAuth Scopes. Save this page.
Note: Please note the mandatory fields required denoted by
[Selected OAuth Scopes]
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform request on your behalf and any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Click on the recently created Connected App for Pronto and View the details. Record the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. This is required for the next configuration step.
Authenticate Pronto with Connected App credentials
- Login to Pronto with your admin credentials and click on the Settings button in the main navigation.
- On the settings page, click on the Integrations in the sub-navigation.
- On the integrations page, enable Salesforce.
- Click on Configure to authorize the Pronto application to connect with the Salesforce application.
- Once you click on Configure, you will see the Authorize page. Enter the Connected App name and the Consumer key and Consumer Secret and click on Authorize. (Refer Create Pronto as a “Connected App” in Salesforce article)
- Once you click on Authorize, you will see a pop-up window, requesting permission. Click on Allow.
- Once you click on Allow, Pronto application will be authorized to access Salesforce.
- Now you will be able to successfully map the required objects from Salesforce to Pronto.
Click here to know how to perform data mapping for Salesforce objects to Pronto objects for bi-directional data sync.