In this article we will understand how to configure Microsoft Teams for selected sections to receive notifications on Teams whenever an action is performed on Pronto. Once Teams is configured from settings, we have the option to enable the notifications when
- A new task is added on Pronto
- A new marketing lead is created
- Weekly summary is emailed
- An Opportunity is created
- An Opportunity is moved to Closed-won stage
- An Opportunity is moved to Closed-lost stage
This article outlines a series of steps to do the following:
- Create a Team on Microsoft Teams
- Add and Configure Incoming Webhook on Microsoft Teams
- Configure Microsoft Teams on Pronto
- Only users with Administrative privilege have access to Pronto Settings and can configure Microsoft teams on Pronto
- Log in to Microsoft teams and create a Team and add and configure Incoming Webhook to receive notifications before starting the integration on the Pronto app.
Configuration on Microsoft Teams
- Login to Microsoft team and click on Teams on the left main navigation and click on Join or Create team at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
- On the Join or create a team window, click on Create team.
- On the Create a team pop-up window, select the first card From scratch to continue.
- On the next window, select if you want the Team to be a Private or a Public team.
- Provide a name for the team and click on Create. You will see a confirmation that the Team has been created and you can add members to the team or skip for now and add them later.
For ex: In the screenshot below, I have named the team Pronto-Notifications.
Provide a vanity name that helps you easily identify the Pronto channel
- On the left sub-navigation menu, you will see the newly created team, under which you will see General. Click on the 3 dots corresponding to General and select Connectors.
- On the Connectors window, click on Add for Incoming Webhook and click on Add on the next window to add webhook.
- Once Incoming webhook is added, you will be back on the teams window. Click on the 3 dots corresponding to General and click on Connectors. Now you will see Configure next to Incoming Webhook. Click on Configure.
- Provide a vanity name to identify from where you receive Pronto notifications.
For ex: In the below screenshot, I have provided the name as Pronto App - Notifications.
You can customize the image to easily identify the team or leave it with the default image and click on Create.
- Once you click on Create, on the same window you will see a URL generated. Copy the URL to use it on Pronto to complete the Microsoft teams integration.
Click on Done once you copied the URL.
Note: This URL is important to finish the Microsoft teams integration on Pronto.
Configuration on Pronto
- Login in to the Pronto app and click on Settings on the bottom left of the screen and click on Integrations on the left sub-navigation.
- Under Integrations, scroll down to the Microsoft teams card and enable to toggle switch and click on Configure.
- On the Authorize window, enter the Webhook URL generated on Teams. Copy paste the URL in the space provided and click on the Blue tick.
- Once authorized, you will see a message on the bottom left that reads "Microsoft teams has been authorized successfully".
- Under the notification settings, toggle the switch for which you would like to receive notifications when an action is performed on Pronto.
a. Task - When a new task is created
b. Marketing lead - When a new lead is created on Pronto
c. Weekly summary - When the weekly summary is emailed, a slack notification is also sent
d. Opportunity - When a new opportunity is created on Pronto (All stages except closed-won and closed-lost)
e. Closed won opportunity - When an opportunity is moved to closed-won stage from its existing stage
f. Closed lost opportunity - When an opportunity is moved to the closed-lost stage from its existing stage.
- For example, now when a new opportunity is created on Pronto, a Microsoft team notification is received as seen below.
Opportunity created on Pronto
Microsoft teams notification
When the Opportunity is moved to Closed-won stage on Pronto, a notification gets triggered as seen below.
Opportunity moved to Closed-won stage on Pronto
Microsoft teams notification
- If you have any questions or need help with setup, contact email@example.com.