In this article we will understand how to configure Slack for selected sections to receive notifications on Slack whenever an action is performed on Pronto. Once Slack is configured from settings, we have the option to enable the notifications when
- A new task is added on Pronto
- A new marketing lead is created
- Weekly summary is emailed
- An Opportunity is created
- An Opportunity is moved to Closed-won stage
- An Opportunity is moved to Closed-lost stage
This article outlines a series of steps to do the following:
- Only users with Administrative privilege have access to Pronto Settings and can configure Slack on Pronto
- Log in to Slack and create channels as per requirement to receive notifications before starting the integration on the Pronto app.
Create Channel on Slack
- Open Slack and under the Channels section, click the '+' and create a new channel.
- Provide a name for the Channel and provide a description if needed and click on Create.
For ex: In the screenshot below, I have named the channel # pronto-notifications.
Provide a vanity name that helps you easily identify the Pronto channel
- Next, you can add people to the channel. These people added on this channel will receive notifications for actions performed on Pronto for the sections described above.
- You will see the newly created Slack channel. Follow the steps below to configure Slack on Pronto.
Configure Slack on Pronto
- Login to Pronto with your admin credentials and click on the Settings icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- On the left sub-navigation menu, click on Integrations.
- Under the list of available Integrations, scroll down and toggle the switch on the Slack card and click on Configure.
- Click on the Add to Slack button on the Authorize screen.
- The Slack app directory page will open. Click on Add to Slack.
- On the permission window, click on Allow.
- The page redirects back to Pronto to the Slack authorization page. Click on Edit to select the Slack channel and to toggle the switches to enable notifications.
- Once you click on Edit, enable the toggle switch for which you would like to enable Slack notifications. You have the ability to select the required notification and a specific channel to receive notifications. Click on the drop-down and select the slack channel for notifications and click on the Save once all the required notifications are turned on.
- Once successfully completed, you will see a message on the bottom left that reads "Slack channel has been updated successfully".
- Under the notification settings, toggle the switch for which you would like to receive notifications when an action is performed on Pronto.
a. Task - When a new task is created
b. Marketing lead - When a new lead is created on Pronto
c. Weekly summary - When the weekly summary is emailed, a slack notification is also sent
d. Opportunity - When a new opportunity is created on Pronto (All stages except closed-won and closed-lost)
e. Closed won opportunity - When an opportunity is moved to closed-won stage from its existing stage
f. Closed lost opportunity - When an opportunity is moved to the closed-lost stage from its existing stage.
- For example, now when a new opportunity is created on Pronto, a slack notification is received as seen below.
Opportunity created on Pronto
- If you have any questions or need help with setup, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.